Wednesday, January 8, 2014

More Blasts from My Past

OK, they're not "arctic blasts" summoned forth by the "polar vertex."  These are more of the "warming" kind.

The notation on the back of this photo reads "Chris and friend, November 1963."  In case you couldn't tell, I'm the one in the high chair.  Sorry, I have no idea who the "friend" is.

Another picture from my first Christmas, 1962.  Apparently I'm practicing the crawl stroke.

Something a little more contemporary, taken in 1969 when I was seven years old.  It was at about this same time that a charcoal sketch artist at the old John Wanamaker's department store in Wilmington drew pictures of me and my sister Jenny.  The portraits used to hang in the upstairs hallway at home on Bona Road but then were in storage for a long time.  Mom had them reframed and cleaned up and gave them to Jen and me as Christmas gifts several years back.

1 comment:

Joe Torcivia said...

1969? Now, I finally know what “Woodstock Chris” looked like!

…Or you, when I was reading THIS for the first time!